Important Dates for Grade 12 Students
Are you planning to graduate this year?
If yes, you will need to:
- Make sure Guidance the correct spelling of your name and home address
- Complete 20 hours of community involvement by May 3, 2021
- Earn a minimum of 30 credits (French Immersion students 10 FI credits. Students applying for university require six (6) 4U/M credits.
- Complete any Independent Learning Centre course by May 3rd, 2021
- Ensure that you have the prerequisites needed for your college and/or university program
- Research the following websites: ouac.on.ca, ontariocolleges.ca, ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca
- Be sure to attend the virtual presentations from post-secondary institutions. Details can be found on in the Grade 12 classroom.
- Meet with your guidance counsellor
- If applying to schools in the USA, be sure you have met all requirements for acceptance (e.g. SAT, ACT).
Go to http://sat.collegeboard.org for more information.
- Visit the Grade 12 Classroom for details about scholarships
- Learn more about financial assistance @ www.osap.gov.on.ca
Important dates for 2020-2021
|October 15, 2020||Information Night for parents of Grade 12 students at 6:30-7:30 pm|
|November 4, 2020||Ontario College Virtual Fair: 4 pm to 8 pm|
|November 5, 2020||Ontario College Virtual Fair: 9 am to pm|
|November 14, 2020||Cambrian College Fall Open House: 10 am to 2 pm|
|November 19, 2020||Electronic transfer of midterm grades for 1st semester (OCAS: College and OUAC: University)|
|November 23 to 27, 2020||Tutorials for applying to college and university online.|
|January 15, 2021||University Application Deadline ($150 for 3 choices, $50 for any additional choice)|
|February 1, 2021||College Application Deadline for equal consideration ($95 for 5 choices).|
|February 5, 2021||Recommended last date for students to submit all information to OUAC to be considered for early admission.|
|May 1, 2021||Deadline for College applicants to confirm their acceptance of an offer of admission.|
|May 27, 2021||The latest date for a response from an Ontario university.|
|June 1, 2021||The earliest date that universities may require a response to an offer.|
|Mid-June, 2021||Earliest date that colleges may require payment of tuition fees. (Each college will have its own date.)|
|February 5, April 21, July 2, 2021||Electronic transfer of grades to colleges and universities.|